Wednesday 13 July 2016

[Article] Condition for fasting the six days of Shawwal in presence of the husband

















The third question of Fatwa no. 19541

Q 3: I am a religiously committed woman; I observe Sawm (Fast) in Ramadan, the six days of Shawwal, the White Days (13th, 14th, and 15th of every Hijri month), in addition to Mondays and Thursdays. When I intend to observe Sawm during such days, I ask for my husband’s permission first. At the beginning he agrees, but after a while he gets angry about that and exclaims, “Every day Sawm, Sawm!” In this case, is it permissible for me to observe Sawm or not?

A: It is not permissible for you to observe supererogatory Sawm in the presence of your husband without his permission, for his right as a husband over you. May Allah grant us success! May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions!

  Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta’

MemberMemberMemberDeputy ChairmanChairman
Bakr Abu ZaydSalih Al-Fawzan`Abdullah ibn Ghudayyan`Abdul-`Aziz Al Al-Shaykh`Abdul-`Aziz ibn `Abdullah ibn Baz

Source: Fatwas of the Permanent Committee

No comments:

Post a Comment