Saturday 25 June 2016

[Quote] You should start with yourself first when supplicating

It is befitting for the individual that when he supplicates (makes du'ā') he starts with himself first. Mūsā, may peace be upon him, said: ​

{O my Lord! Forgive me and my brother} [Sūrah Al-A'rāf 7:151]

Nūh, may peace be upon him, said:

 {My Lord! Forgive me, and my parents} [Sūrah Nūh 71:28]

Thus having given priority to himself over his parents. And the Prophet, may peace and blessings be upon him, said: "Start with yourself". Starting with oneself is more appropriate when it comes to supplicating.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Salih Al-'Uthaymeen, may Allah have mercy upon him

Translated by Salafi-Dawah.com.
Source: Explanation of the Alfiyyah of Ibn Mālik 1/43.

 قـال الشيخ محمد بن صالح العثيمين رحمه الله "ينبغي للإنسان إذا دعا أن يبدأ بنفسه أولا -قال موسى عليه السلام {رب اغفر لي وﻷخي} -وقال نوح عليه السلام {ربنا اغفر لي ولوالدي} فقدم نفسه على والديه -وقال النبي عليه الصلاة والسلام {إبدأ بنفسك} والبداءة بالنفس هي الأولى في الدعاء [شرح ألفيّة ابن مالك ٤٣/١]

No comments:

Post a Comment